Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

An Award! An Award! I Got an Award!

Yes, I have been nominated for the Liebster Award!!!


Thank you to the beautiful Laura Mae at Lilacs and Lace for this recognition. Laura Mae has been a vintage sewing inspiration to me since I caught a glimpse of her incredible Ceil Chapman Cocktail Gown. Every one of her creations is perfectly fitted, finished and styled. Plus, I love that her photo shoots always have scenes from my home town in the background, and that she adores her little Chihuahua. Thanks, Laura Mae!

The origin of the Liebster Award is rather mysterious (meaning I could not find out who came up with the idea or gave out the first one), but liebster is a German word meaning "favorite." The award is given to blogs with less than 200 followers.

An award? Me? I was shocked when people first started reading the blog. But to receive an award is the last thing I expected! People like me?!?!?!?

Well, I like you too. When I first started blogging, it was because I so love to hear myself talk about myself. Since then, I’ve been thrilled to meet so many other bloggers that are interested in sewing, vintage clothing, aging, gardening, eco-friendly lifestyles, and adorable pets. You are a great group!

And I will now pass this award on to five of my favorite blogs:

Sew Vintage, Sew Fun: Anita is a multitalented, compassionate blogger who writes on many topics, including some of my favorites: sewing and crafting, vintage goodies, living a green lifestyle, enjoying fluffy little dogs, personal growth and relationships, and so much more. Anita was also my very first follower on this blog and has been a good friend and a big help to me.

Snippa: Snippa is a true renaissance woman. She spins wool, knits, sews, gardens, cooks, forages wild edibles, creates art in many forms, and plays music, among other things. She lives in Scotland and shares photos of the magnificent countryside. What a place!

The Frump Factor: I first found Anne’s blog when I was trying to settle on a name for my own blog. All the good names with “frump” in them were taken! But Anne’s writing and her view of the changes both in ourselves and the world around us are just hilarious. I was hooked!

Not Dead Yet Style: Okay, Patti has exceeded the 200 follower mark, but I can’t help it. She really has been an inspiration to me, particularly in her willingness to address a whole range of topics around women, aging and society.

OMG Almost 50: This blog by Lilly Forever is relatively new and just bursting with enthusiasm on any and all subjects.

And so, new Liebster Award winners, what can you do?

You can:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog. (That’s ME!)
2. Link back to the blogger who awarded you. (Me AGAIN! LOL)
3. Copy & paste the blog award on your blog.
4. Reveal your 5 blog picks.
5. Let them know you chose them by posting on their blog.

(If you’ve received a Liebster award in the past, you can still pass it on, if you like.)

Congratulations and keep up the good work!
Katrina

4 comments:

  1. How exciting! Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Katrina. And congrats on the much-deserved recognition. I love your blog's name, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Katrina! I am happy to have you as a blogging friend. And I must check out the other blogs that you nominated; I am not familiar with all of them!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katrina you are such a dear! Thank you for your nomination for the Liebster Award. I am so honored and so surprised. I am enjoyng blogging and I am so flattered that you enjoy it enough to nominate me. I love your description of my blog! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete