Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Age Appropriate Wardrobe

How do YOU decide how to dress, speak, and behave? Do you try to mimic style icons, or other public figures? Try to fit in with the style of your coworkers or family members? Do you understand society’s expectations of someone your age? Do you have some innate sense of what “acting your age” means?

I’m curious, because I’ve never really figured it out.

As an example, I never know quite what to wear. I'm 52 years old with a closet full of clothes that I think are too young or too old for me. I have hundreds of sewing patterns and I can’t decide which ones might result in age-appropriate garments.



M2651
Too young?




V8875
Too old?


S8759
What the hell was I thinking?


What does age-appropriate mean to you?


Katrina

1 comment:

  1. To me it means wearing anything that I feel wonderful in! If I have to pull it down, pull it up, or otherwise adjust it every time I move, then it's not for me. There used to be clear divisions between what young girls, young women, middle aged women and older women wore, but you don't really see that much anymore.

    ReplyDelete